Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Old Viintage Cottage owner's story

Sue Doyle, owner of Old Vintage Cottage, tells the story of how she launched her dream in her own words:

"I've always wanted a small store like I have today in a village type setting. I was lucky to be a stay at home mother. After our children were off on their own, I got a job with a wholesaler working in his showroom. I put every paycheck into a savings not knowing in a few years, the idea would hit me that I could open my own shop. One of the ladies that shopped the showroom, was closing her shop in Seal Beach, We started talking. I went to her shop, loved the location and went to the landlord and rented that day. I papered the windows and opened a month later on March 1st. 1999.The store has a vintage flair, new and old, with white cottage furniture throughout. I am fortunate to have a husband that does all of my furniture.Not expecting to he here this long but I am still having fun. I really enjoy talking to all of my customers who continue to support me.Anyone who has a dream, just go for it anytime in your life. If you are in the area, please stop in and say "Hi" or check out our web site at
http://www.oldvintagecottage.com/



No comments: